Monday, April 20, 2009

Sprint triathlon!!

It was hot, rough, crowded, painful, nerve racking...

BUT I STILL DELIEVERED THE PWNAGE!!

ha ha ha!

It was really a magnificient sunday =) Praise the Lord for giving me strength to endure and enjoy myself throughout the pain i was going through.

In the end, 6th in my under 20 catergory, and 178 out of 700 plus for overall race.

WOOHOO!!!

Next time i ll beat Xingay though..... buggers.

I guess the best moments of the race was...when i went lil crazy haha.

Ok starting off, Xingay the humji beng didnt want to follow me by squeezing into the middle of the swim pack, where jostling was the fiercest and u could get your nose broken with one good kick.

BUT STILL! I positioned myself smack in the middle, nearest to the line.

When the countdown was going on, my heart was beating so fast, because some people decided to start clapping towards, 5,4,3...2....1!

BOOM! Freestyle with my head above water, i dont even know what i was thinking lol, i was literally swimming over some GUY at one point. Ok put it simply, i Muscled my way till a lane opened in front of me. Hahaha some ang mo dude tried to grab my ankle and pull me, i just turned around and pointed my finger in his face "HEY!!!!" After that i felt invincible...haha. Thanks to my parents i guess, not the rough part, that my dad always brought me out to sea to swim when i was young, Pulua Hantu etc, hence the sea was like a long lost home to me.

That was one, the other was when i was cycling, past the 5km mark, and cycling back to make another 5 km, saw Xin the Gay. I just shouted out to him 'XIN GAY!!!' I WAS LEADING COME ON! Too bad that was temp, till 10 km only, shit.

Oh at one point when we were cycling neck to neck, i hoarsed out to him, WHO ARE U CYCLING FOR?! WHO ARE U CYCLING FOR??! He just got onto his aero bars and increased his speed. I guessed he was thinking, wtf jerome's gone crazy...

Next up! August! Triathlon!!

Few things i need to do now.

1) Mug SATS
2) Buy Aero bars
3) Adjust my seat height properly, and train to get accustomed to it
4) Essential race belt
5) Cycle and run MORE!
6) Take my 2.4km again and break 9 mins


Yeap, to God be the Glory! Thats who i ran for on Sunday.
Sadly, on sad thing abt a tri race is the training aspect, u lose out on social life when u train or rest, well, u have to sacrifice something in order to gain something.